Andrew Price Memorial United Methodist Church
Nashville, TN

McManis Op. 49 3/23 (1961)


16' Quintation [sic] (ext Rohr Flute)
8' Principal
8' Rohr Flute
4' Octave
4' Flute (taped over)
2 2/3' Nazard (taped over)
2' Flageolet (taped over)
1 3/5' Tierce (dead)
IV Mixture


8' Stillflote
8' Gemshorn
8' Gemshorn Celeste
4' Spitz Principal
Blank (taped over)
2' Octave (taped over)
III Scharf
8' Trompette (taped over)


8' Quintade
4' Spitz Flute
2' Principal
1 1/3' Larigot
1' Octave
III Cymbel (taped over)
Chimes (plays only on GT)


32' Subbass --
16' Subbass
16' Quintation GT
8' Principal
8' Gedeckt GT
4' Octave (ext)
32' Posaune (quint of 16')
16' Posaune
8' Trumpet (ext)
4' Clarion (ext)

Source: Ken Stein


The church's history began before 1850, at which time the Donelson Methodist Episcopal Church, South, was organized and first met at McWhirter's Tavern. In 1856, a log meeting house was built on donated property near Stones River Bluff. In 1870, a new two-story building was erected on Donelson Pike (then called Depot Pike) "across from the present location of Bluefield Avenue."

In 1904, Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Price, then owners of the Clover Bottom Farm, donated a two-acre tract of land on Lebanon Road. Andrew Price was a millionaire who made a fortune raising sugarcane; Clover Bottom was his summer home. In 1907, the church was re-named Andrew Price Methodist Church, with the word "Memorial" added following his death.

The church continued to grow and additions to the structure were made. Membership was around 2,000 in 1967. The present sanctuary was completed in 1961 and, when paid off, was dedicated on November 5, 1970. In 1974, the former sanctuary wa converted to a chapel.

In 1939, two-manual Moller Op. 6705 was installed in the sanctuary (now chapel). In 1961, Charles McManis Op. 49, a three-manual of twenty-three ranks, was installed in the new sanctuary.